In this article, we will explain to you how to install Virtualmin on CentOS 6 and 7. Virtualmin is a web hosting control panel for Linux. Virtualmin gives you the ability to create and manage web hostings. If you search for an alternative of cPanel and Plesk, Virtualmin is a good choice.
You will need:
- VPS running CentOS
Step 1 - Install requirements
- Install screen, wget, and enable the EPEL repository:
yum -y install screen wget epel-release
- Create a screen session to allow the install to continue if the SSH connection is interrupted. (Not needed if connected locally.):
Virtualmin is written in the Perl language, so you need to install it.
- Install Perl:
yum -y install perl
Step 2 - Download Virtualmin
- Update the server:
yum -y update
- Download the Virtualmin install script:
- Make the script executable:
chmod +x install.sh
Step 3 - Install Virtualmin
- Run the Virtualmin installer:
- Accept the agreement by entering y and typing [Enter] to continue.
The installation will now begin. The process will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
Step 4 - Access Virtualmin
Using your favorite web browser, connect to your machine like so:
- Enter your root user credentials at the log-in screen.
- Continue configuring Virtualmin by following the initial setup wizard.
You have successfully installed Virtualmin on CentOS. Now you can easily create many domains and manage web sites.